For those who miss Hong Kong…11.5.2015
LAU Man Pan JeffVenice Biennale Intern
Let’s make Udon!
1. Mix some salt with cold water.
2. Add the mixture into plain flour slowly. “Tipo 0 flour” should be used (not the one shown in the photo below).
3. Mix completely and make it into a dough.
4. Wait for about 1 hour. The dough should be kept in a damp place or in the fridge.
5. Roll up the dough into a flat slab. Apply flour so that the slab will not stick together. Fold it in two and repeat.
6. Chop the slab into noodle. Apply flour if necessary.
7. Make the soup with soy sauce and water and it is DONE!