After the madness of Venice Biennale opening week, I caught up with Samson for a quick game of “Coke or Pepsi?” with questions ranging from the musical to hypothetical to purely random. His answers are, to say the least, unexpected (or are they completely expected?) Decipher for yourselves and enjoy!
1) Tasting sounds or hearing colours?
2) Christmas carols or Chinese New Year songs?
Ear: Ongs – – – – – –
3) Bell tower or drum tower?
4) Birdsongs or the sound of cicadas?
Beebee, beebee, Ceeceecees
5) Pentatonic or heptatonic?
6) Perfect pitch or photographic memory?
7) Having TV commercial jingles or elevator music stuck in your head?
8) Radio play or silent movies?
9) Singing in the rain or dancing in the rain?
10) Speakeasies or Irish pubs?
11) Sampans or gondolas?
On On On On
12) The Travels of Marco Polo or A Journey to the West?
Poo >—*—< Wee
13) Neon lights or candlelight?
14) Aliens or zombies?
15) Roller coasters or bumper cars?
Ters, Pers, Ters Ters, Pers
16) Early bird or night owl?
17) Magic tricks or circus tricks?
18) Stranded alone on a desert island or last surviving human on earth?
19) Walk through walls or hear through walls?
Hear through walks
20) Finding a message in a bottle or receiving mail from a pigeon?
Find reception in a pigeon bottled
21) Being a seafaring pirate or galloping nomad?
***Stay tuned for more of my travelogue of getting lost between the calli of Venice with art, food, and occasional inspiration along the way.***